Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mr. Hubbard Strikes Again.

In the Acquisitions Department, we receive shipments of new materials nearly every day. Today, amid the soul-crushingly vast conglomeration of boxes that comprised the shipment, was a box from my good friends at Bridge Publications. As you may recall, I've received packages from them before. What was different about this shipment was that I happened to have called to my attention the tiny little text that reads "Publisher of the non-fiction works of L. Ron Hubbard" and I did not open the box. And having gotten the go-ahead, from our religion bibliographer, to trash any and all unsolicited Scientology materials, I joyfully proceeded to write on the box, with a thick black sharpie, the words "return to sender."

4 comments:

\bvb said...

Several of us in the Medical Library field dealt with that this/last week. Seems every year or two we have to go through this. The first time it happened I was on the job for 3 weeks. I had no idea what to do! I ended up keeping them on a shelf in the back for 9 months before finally trashing them.

Lindsey said...

Every year or two?! You're lucky!

Sandy-ra said...

When you return to sender, does it have to go through NASA?

rockin' ricky rialto said...

every time you return scientology material, you make Tom Cruise cry.

hagie