Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gremlins.

On a recent trip home, I went bowling with my good friend Kelly. I was excited to find that the folks at this circa 1972 bowling ally had implemented a circa 1995 automated scoring system. There was a monitor mounted on the wall above the lane that would display the scores of each player. It also included animated graphics that congratulated the successful bowler and taunted those who were less so. Unfortunately, I fell into the latter category. When, on the first try, I was unable to knock down any pins (which happened fairly often) I was met with a 6-bit creature who was most menacing in nature. It would wave at me and laugh and I would futilely shake my fist at the monitor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Yes, exactly.

Anonymous said...

But did you avoid the noid?

Anonymous said...

NO WHAMMIES, NO WHAMMIES, NO WHAMMIES