Friday, January 11, 2008

Debris.

I often get requests for purchases from faculty members. Most of them arrive via email, but there are some people that still insist on using interoffice mail. I have all sorts of fun deciphering their hand-writing. Today I was delighted to receive a request in an envelope that was encrusted with some sort of reddish food matter. I opened up the envelope to find that the request had also been adhered to the inside of the envelope with the same food matter. Was this faculty member, thoughtfully but unsuccessfully, trying to share her lunch with me? And what was said lunch? Red curry? Tomato soup? Hmm. I should call her and thank her. Or maybe I should just return the favor...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go to the store and get one of those pre cooked whole chickens from the deli and send her just the skin in an interoffice envelope. AND leave a note amongst the poultry flesh "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"

Lindsey said...

I have no words.